Masters in Nutrition and Dietetics is the new course introduced in Bishop Cotton Women’s
Christian College for the academic year 2021. Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College is the
only institution in Bengaluru which offers M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics. This post graduate
program is affiliated to Bengaluru City University.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
1. To impart scientific knowledge and develop skills in the area of Nutrition and Dietetics.
2. With changing lifestyle and eating habits there has been rise in the number of diseases
that need to be addressed by a professional and this is when the role of Nutritionists and
Dietitians come into picture, making this a promising career path.
3. It prepares students to become career ready professionals in the areas of food , nutrition,
dietetics, sports, pediatrics, geriatric and public health.
Our M.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics Program focus on: Vision:
To optimize the health and wellbeing through inspirational
learning by disseminating knowledge to produce professionals.
To function as professionals in the field of food, nutrition and
dietetics utilizing rigorous academic preparation, research
experience and guided practice and to achieve excellence with
human values and purposeful social responsibility.
1. The career after pursuing a degree in nutrition and dietetics is quite
prolific because people are becoming more aware of the health and
fitness day by day.
2. The profession promotes better health by spreading awareness
about diet nutrition and the relationship between good eating
habits and preventing or managing specific diseases.
1. Initiate several innovative and flexible pedagogy platforms to
provide the best learning experience for the students.
2. Includes Seminars, Symposium, Assignments, Colloquium,Choice
Based Open Electives
3. Internship opportunities in a hospital or health centers, Regular
Workshops and Practical sessions for exponential learning.
4. Focus on Research and Innovation
The program in M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics would help the students to become
professional women leaders for serving the society.
The PG department of Nutrition and Dietetics was inaugurated on 16 th September
2021 by Mrs. Elizabeth Thomas, former principal Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian
College. The commencement of the course was on 13 th Dec, 2021.