After completing graduation in commerce, the students are acquainted with basic and
advanced concepts in the areas related to accounting, finance, banking, taxation, auditing,
marketing, statistics, costing etc
Skill enhancement subjects like public relations, corporate communication, event
management, creativity and innovation, science and society, public health, legal literacy etc create
awareness among the students on the skills required to plan and pursue a career and empower
them with employability skills.
• Subjects like GST, IFRS, Corporate Administration, Companies Act 2013, and Business
Regulations equip the students with the latest amendments for the corporate world.
• Accounting subjects acquaint students with accounting concepts, accounting tools and
techniques influencing business organisations. Modern accounting technology oriented subject
provide insight on how accounting data is recorded, processed and communicated which is
indispensable in today’s accounting field.
• Quantitative Analysis familiarizes students with various statistical techniques for their
application in business decision and research.
• Finance subjects like Financial Management, Advanced Financial Management, Security
Analysis and Portfolio Management, Stock and Commodities Market develop the knowledge and
skills expected of a finance manager in relation to investment, financing and dividend policy
• Taxation subjects equip students with the principles and provisions of Income Tax Act,
Goods and Services Tax Act, Business Taxation and help them compute tax liability.
• Management subjects like Marketing Management, Retail Management familiarizes the
students with the principles of marketing and focus them towards marketing and management of
• Entrepreneurship Development Programme imparts skills to students to take calculated risks
with confidence to achieve a business objective.